For the last 20 years, CADY has been dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth through innovative programming and evidence-based strategies that deter alcohol, tobacco and other drug use; that engage and strengthen families, schools and communities; and that promote healthy environments, resiliency building, and promising futures for our youth.
CADY builds youth resiliency through a three-tiered strategy of information, education and collaboration on positive youth development programming, educational opportunities, experiential learning, and connections to the community. As a result, CADY has developed many high-level partnerships including law enforcement, schools, healthcare providers, faith-based organizations, and youth-serving organizations.
CADY also serves a pivotal role in the well-being of children and youth in our region. First, we serve as the convener of the Central NH Substance Misuse Prevention Coalition for the NH Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Services. Through this role we partner with multiple stakeholders to develop a wide array of environmental strategies to reduce risk factors among youth, while increasing protective factors.
In addition, we are responsible for delivering direct service youth prevention and youth empowerment programming using strengths-based service models. Through all of our efforts, we seek to build on the positive capacities among our youth and our communities, to prevent harm to youth arising from family and social stressors, unhealthy choices, and risky behaviors. In the same vein, CADY is responsible for creating a multi-pronged strategic plan for the region in order to align regional prevention efforts with the goals of the state plan and the NH State Health Improvement Plan; build, maintain and sustain a regional network of professionals and community members who are concerned about substance misuse in the region; and leverage resources and provide technical assistance to promote best practices within six core sectors – Safety and Law Enforcement, Health and Medical, Education, Government, Business, and Community and Family Supports.
- OVERVIEW OF CADY PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- OUR STRATEGIC APPROACH:
- STRATEGY 1: Leadership – cultivate expanded leadership, particularly among state lawmakers and policy makers, to improve understanding of the impact of alcohol and other drug abuse in our region; to improve understanding of effective policies, programs and practices to address misuse; and to develop champions for such efforts.
- STRATEGY 2: Financial resourcing – advocate for and support adequate, sustained financial resourcing of alcohol and drug abuse prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery supports.
- STRATEGY 3: Public education – increase public awareness relative to the harms and consequences of alcohol and drug misuse among our youth population and the community at large.
- STRATEGY 4: Training and professional development – support training availability and access relative to alcohol and other drug topics for a wide range of professionals and practitioners within different community sectors.
- STRATEGY 5: Collaboration – Foster partnerships among key community sectors including alignment of efforts to achieve financial stability and sustainability.
- STRATEGY 6: Technical assistance – Provide technical assistance to support and enhance efforts of existing local coalitions, to develop local coalitions in additional communities, and build the capacity of our partners and communities to prevent and reduce youth substance misuse and abuse.
- STRATEGY 7: Data utilization – continue to collect and share data about the impact of alcohol and drug misuse on individuals, families, communities and community sectors, and spearhead successful efforts to reduce misuse and promote recovery.
- STRATEGY 8: Effective policy, practice and programs – promote the implementation of effective policies, practices and programs across and within community sectors and systems and through a combination of evidence-based direct-service programming and environmental strategies and change initiatives.
- TAKE IT TO THE BOX (Bristol and Plymouth)
- “CADY’S WORLD”