Full-Time, Benefitted Position
Communities for Alcohol- and Drug-Free Youth (CADY) is seeking an innovative and experienced professional to serve as administrative assistant for our award-winning, youth serving non-profit organization. CADY provides substance misuse prevention and early intervention services in three Central NH regions. The ideal candidate is skilled in communications (written and verbal), is a detail oriented multi-tasker; works collaboratively and independently and has proven success with detailed administrative functions. Working with CADY’s dynamic team of professionals and volunteers, our Administrative Assistant is a highly valued member of our team with a responsibility for promoting efficient systems and exceptional relationships.
Competitive salary and benefits. Please forward cover letter and resume prior to deadline of September 12th to:
94 Highland Street
Plymouth, NH or
No phone calls please.
CADY is an equal opportunity employer.
Performs a variety of administrative and staff support duties for the organization and director, which requires a range of skills and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Assists and directs visitors; troubleshoots and resolves administrative issues and inquiries; composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and reports, and prepares a range of administrative documents. Salary and benefits is competitive and commensurate with experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the organization; serves as a liaison with external organizations.
- Provides administrative support for the organization such as answering telephones (daily check of staff voicemail and message taking), assisting visitors, and resolving a range of administrative issues and tasks.
- Composes and edits correspondence and/or memoranda from verbal direction, or from knowledge of established organizational policies; may prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings; responsible for sending Thank You letters and other acknowledgements; and coordinates mailings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, interviews, trainings, appointments, and/or other similar activities for the director, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
- Assists with the preparation of narrative reports and evaluation; performs information gathering as specifically directed.
- Assists director in problem solving, project planning, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents.
- Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services.
- Supervises work of volunteers and work-study staff.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned while following organizational policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proficiency in multi-tasking
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather data and generate reports.
- Database management skills.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Records’ maintenance skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Requires ability to interact positively with a variety of people and personalities.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Strong organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to compose and edit written materials.
- Ability to compile information and prepare reports.
- Ability to record and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Knowledge of and commitment to principles, methodology, and practice of prevention and early intervention.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the CADY executive director. The administrative assistant position is full-time, benefitted position. CADY is an equal opportunity employer
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Very limited physical effort required.
- Work may be subject to frequent interruptions.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Proficiency in MS Office with experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Detail oriented and comfort with working in a fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior organization skills and dedication to excellence
- Understands the operation of general office equipment