Health and Wellness Educator
Full-time position (.75FTE, 32 hours/week)
CADY is seeking an energetic, empowering professional to join our Youth Services team. The Health and Wellness Educator position is a good fit for a inspiring and articulate individual dedicated to prevention and positive youth development. The successful applicant will have strong interpersonal and communication skills with a clear sense of boundaries. This position requires a highly organized individual possessing both direct-service and administrative work experience.
- Implements and manages the following health education and prevention strategies, interventions, and programs to encourage healthy decision making: Youth Advisory & Advocacy Council (YAAC), Junior Action Club (JAC), and Lion’s Quest (in-school programming).
- Assists with the programming needs of the following: Plymouth State University Young Adult Prevention Strategies; Restorative Justice youth court diversion program; and the Parent Advisory Council.
- Helps to develop, identify, update, improve and implement educational materials and other tools that encourage healthy decision making.
- Organizes and facilitates community trainings and event in small and large group settings.
- Works closely with the CADY prevention team, volunteers, and other key community stakeholders to advance community education initiatives to strategically address the complex nature of substance misuse.
- Establishes, fosters and maintains friendly and cooperative relationships with the public, private sector, schools, governmental agencies and social service agencies.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with community leaders and organizations, keeping health promotion and prevention at the forefront of collaborative efforts.
Data and Reporting
- Prepares monthly program tracking and reporting for submission to CADY data coordinator.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains organized filing system and records.
- Serves as a health education resource for CADY and Central NH Public Health Network.
- Promotes the drug-free mission of CADY with the community-at-large in all modes of communication.
- Frequent regional travel required. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and directives set forth by CADY.
- Assumes all duties as appropriate to this position and maintains a collaborative mindset to support miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in public health, education, social work or related field and two years of experience in a health-related field.
- Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS) or pending certification within two years of hire.
- Requires familiarity with substance misuse prevention, intervention, treatment and working knowledge of the fundamentals of emotional, behavioral, and mental health issues.
- Knowledge of public health and positive youth development principles and practices.
- Requires advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to relate to, and work with, children, adolescents, and adults.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Supervisory and group facilitation skills.
- Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Requires working knowledge of personal computers and software applications to include word processing and PowerPoint.
- Requires ability to interact positively with both internal and external partners.
- Willingness to attend trainings to strengthen knowledge base.